Moeen Ali hails 'best captain' Eoin Morgan and says skipper's backing key to form turnaround



 "I don't like making excuses for myself; sometimes I think about what other people think of me and, from now on, I'm not going to allow that to happen"

Moeen Ali praised Eoin Morgan for the role the England white-ball captain has played in his return to form after he struck a fine 61 from 33 balls, albeit in a losing cause, in the third T20I against Pakistan.

Moeen's innings wasn't enough to prevent England from slipping to a five-run defeat that saw the three-match series drawn 1-1, but it was a welcome return to form after the allrounder registered just 10 runs from his four previous innings' this summer.

"A lot of credit will go to Morgs. He gives me responsibility, with being vice captain and doing a team talk here and there.

"To have that backing from the captain, it is amazing. It's one of the reasons why he's probably the best captain I've ever had.

"For me, that gives me a lot of confidence, knowing I haven't played that well over a good period of time now and for the captain to still think highly of me, it means a lot."

Moeen took an extended break from international cricket in 2019 after a run of poor form that saw him dropped from England's World Cup starting XI and from the Test team one match into last summer's Ashes series.

Mooen says he was guilty of paying too much attention to 'outside noise', adding that he now tries to treat every game for England like it is his first. บาคาร่า777

"It has been very hard; it has been more of a mental thing." said Moeen of his struggles.

"I've had to shift my mental state before this game, try and play like it was my first game for England again and be that enthusiastic kid like I was when I first played.

"Today was about trying to be that young kid again playing for England, getting excited before the game. You kind of lose that - you can get sucked into the outside noise; I think I fell into that.

"I don't like making excuses for myself; sometimes I think about what other people think of me and, from now on, I'm not going to allow that to happen.

contact us Line ID: @ufa98v2

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

Ben White 'disappointed' Leeds move fell through before signing new Brighton deal, says agent

England captain Eoin Morgan feels he is batting better than ever

Injury forces Fancy Blue into retirement